Professional services offered by Martoo Consulting are identified as follows:-
Town Planning Services
- Investigation or advice on existing development entitlements and possible development options for particular site
- Advice on possible sites for a specific development proposal within a particular locality
- Coordinating the preparation of development applications such as those proposing: -
- reconfiguring a lot / subdivision of land
- material change of use / land use
- operational / development works
- environmentally relevant activities
- Liaison and negotiation with government agencies during the assessment of development applications or associated submissions
- Providing an independent review of development proposals that have been prepared by others
- Community liaison and consultation in relation to a development proposal including public notification of development proposals
- Coordination of the compilation of management plans in support of development applications or in response to conditions in development approvals
- Compiling miscellaneous applications relating to the use or development of a site including liquor licensing applications
- Expert witness appearances before the courts or tribunal hearings
- Negotiation of complex town planning problems and associated conflict resolution
Why use Martoo Consulting as your town planning consultant?
Obtaining the most appropriate town planning outcomes for a particular site in the shortest possible time requires careful attention to many factors, and skilful handling of the often complicated processes involved.
The core skills of our town planning staff at Martoo Consulting include a detailed understanding of how the planning and legislative systems operate, and the ability to identify and present necessary information and documentation in a clear and concise manner to the responsible determining authority. Senior town planners within Martoo Consulting have many years of experience in working within local government and therefore understand many of the associated in-house workings within government. Likewise our key town planners at Martoo Consulting have many years in dealing with government as a private consultant and as a result can offer a combined skill set which frequently assists in obtaining acceptable outcomes from town planning processes when dealing with government agencies.
Our town planners combine their skills in project management with their understanding of those processes involved so as to be able to determine when various actions should ideally be undertaken. Town planners at Martoo Consulting specialise in the compilation of documents that address relevant impacts of a proposed development, including detailed responses to State Planning Policies, development codes, management plans and Environmental Impact Statements (EISs).
To achieve these outcomes, our town planners can draw on our firm’s expertise in town planning, land surveying, urban design, and development management as well as the application of the following to town planning and development related considerations – economics, ecology, construction technology, agronomy, planning and environmental law, traffic management, sociology, landscape design, arboriculture, acoustics, civil engineering concepts, bushfire hazard planning and natural resources management.
Urban Design Services
- concept design options for development projects
- coordination of the compilation of design guidelines
- master planning of development sites
- streetscape analysis
- visual impact analysis
- heritage / character analysis
- urban design advice & assessment
- community & civic design
- infill development advice
- landscape analysis & design advice
- sustainable development approaches
- graphical communications such as preparation of artist’s impressions, rendered plans and drawings, photomontages, 3D images to illustrate development proposals and the like
‘Urban design aims at the creation of useful, attractive, safe, environmentally sustainable, economically successful and socially equitable places. Good urban design pursues local identity and sense of place, cultural responsiveness and purposeful environmental innovation. It achieves a high level of quality, comfort, safety, equity, beauty and cohesion in the overall, physical outcome of all the development, planning, engineering, architectural and landscape design decisions that contribute to urban change’
(Planning Institute of Australia)
Why use urban design services through Martoo Consulting?
Despite its popularity in contemporary literature, urban design is still a misleading term and used by wide variety of groups in different circumstances.
Most projects in an urban setting ranging from the design of a single dwelling house to a mixed use commercial development to a large master planned community will benefit from the incorporation of urban design principles. Circumstances where urban design services can assist a client and their project include the following: -
- projects where proposed design concepts need to consider the overlap and interplay between two or more of the following – architectural design, landscape design, town planning and certain civil engineering elements;
- development proposals within or beside a site with cultural heritage or local character values;
- development projects within an urban area where Council’s planning scheme requires assessment of the proposed design against specific outcomes in certain performance based codes;
- development proposals which incorporate public spaces on either private or community land;
- development proposed abutting or otherwise impacting on community or public spaces; and
- the presentation of development proposals in urban areas to decision makers, users, stakeholders and/or the community, for their consideration.
Land Surveying Services
Undertaking field surveys and compiling the associated plans for the following:-
- contour & detail surveys
- boundary identification surveys
- subdivision surveys including standard format subdivisions, building format subdivisions & volumetric subdivisions
- easement surveys
- lease area surveys over buildings and land including mining leases
- infrastructure investigation surveys
- construction set-outs
- as-constructed surveys
- height certificate surveys
- volumetric audits
- road closure & other surveys relating to dealings with State land
- special or customised surveys
Land surveying advice relating to the following:-
- due diligence survey and associated reporting to assist in land purchasing decisions
- advice relating to considerations associated with a particular form of development titling over land, such as community title schemes in general, building format titling, volumetric titling, lease surveys, profit a prendre, etc.
Geometric mapping and drafting services including:-
- sales and disclosure plans
- compiling digital or hard copy maps possibly with overlays of data obtained from a variety of sources
- providing geographical coordinates of features to input into geographical information systems and devices
Assistance with the preparation of a range of dealings in State land including:-
- seeking permits, licenses and to use and occupy State land
- submissions to temporarily or permanently close public road
Why use Martoo Consulting as your land surveyor?
Most development investigations and applications require plan/s showing existing site boundaries, buildings and structures, elevation and topography, infrastructure and/or other relevant features. It is often beneficial to have access to accurate site information from the outset of the investigation, design and decision making processes in order to minimise the potential for complications to occur in the subsequent construction, compliance and/or operational phases of a dealing in land or the development of a site.
Often the earlier that accurate and reliable site information is made available to the investigation, design and decision making processes, the more confidently that – decisions can be made, potential problems can be identified, and any adjustments resolved. A land surveyor specialises in providing accurate and reliable site information in such situations.
The survey staff at Martoo Consulting are experienced in many facets of land surveying and use state of the art surveying and associated data recording equipment and computer software to provide accurate and reliable site information to town planners, designers, engineers and others involved in making decisions in relation to land. There are obvious benefits in using Martoo Consulting who have in-house land surveyors as members of a team of town planners, urban designers and development managers. These benefits are realised even further due to the team orientated approach focusing on outcomes as strongly embraced by Martoo Consulting when undertaking projects. Clearly clients and their projects can benefit from such efficiency in time and communication.
Development Management Services
Development permits can be obtained for one or more of the following types of development:
- Reconfiguring a Lot
- Material Change of Use of Premises
- Operational Works
- Building Works
- Plumbing & Drainage Works
Development permits list conditions which need to be satisfied at particular stages of the development process. It is essential to ensure that compliance with all conditions has been achieved to the satisfaction of the relevant authorities.
Martoo Consulting has the staff with the qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience to provide professional development management services which can be beneficial when seeking compliance with those conditions listed in a development approval. Development Management Services offered by Martoo Consulting include:-
- obtaining certificates confirming compliance with approval of conditions from relevant government agencies or private certifiers for applicants and/or their consultants;
- compiling submissions to Council seeking its endorsement of Survey Plans and any associated documents which is necessary before lodgement of these plans and documents for registration of Survey Plans and any associated documents and the issue of new titles by the State;
- commissioning of specialist consultants required to certify compliance with certain conditions in a development permit;
- managing the coordination and lodgement of development applications relating to building works, operational works and/or plumbing and drainage works;
- arranging service connections from those statutory providers for services such as reticulated electricity supply, telecommunications, town water supply and reticulated sewerage;
- liaising with and co-ordinating the actions of various consultants, contractors and government agencies when necessary, including:
- Architects/Building Designers
- Building & Construction Contractors
- Civil Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Energy Efficiency Consultants
- Environmental Engineers
- Hydraulic Engineers
- Local Government Agencies
- State Government Agencies
- Structural Engineers
- Land & Building Surveyors
- Traffic Management
- Tree Clearing Contractors
Why use Martoo Consulting as your development manager?
When a particular development obtains its initial development approval to reconfigure a lot/subdivision and/or make a material change in land use, there is often a need to arrange compliance with all relevant conditions listed in the initial development approvals as well as possibly obtain further approvals, permits and certificates and seek their subsequent compliance. Confirmation of such compliance is necessary before the subdivision can be finalised and new title deeds issued and/or the approved uses/development can lawfully commence.
Martoo Consulting offers development management services to those clients who prefer to engage a professional to effectively and efficiently manage the compliance of development conditions and seek any subsequent approvals and associated compliance necessary in order to complete a project.
Martoo Consulting can provide development management services during that period between when the initial development approval is issued to when the final development phase/s are completed. This is often a period when the time taken and further associated costs incurred remain to be dominant considerations for most clients. Martoo Consulting can therefore help to reduce the time, costs and sometimes frustrations on these final but often critical stages.