- Investigation or advice on existing development entitlements and possible development options for particular site
- Advice on possible sites for a specific development proposal within a particular locality
- Coordinating the preparation of development applications such as those proposing: –
- reconfiguring a lot / subdivision of land
- material change of use / land use
- operational / development works
- environmentally relevant activities
- Liaison and negotiation with government agencies during the assessment of development applications or associated submissions
- Providing an independent review of development proposals that have been prepared by others
- Community liaison and consultation in relation to a development proposal including public notification of development proposals
- Coordination of the compilation of management plans in support of development applications or in response to conditions in development approvals
- Compiling miscellaneous applications relating to the use or development of a site including liquor licensing applications
- Expert witness appearances before the courts or tribunal hearings
- Negotiation of complex town planning problems and associated conflict resolution
Why use Martoo Consulting as your town planning consultant?
Obtaining the most appropriate town planning outcomes for a particular site in the shortest possible time requires expert knowledge, careful attention to many factors, and skilful handling of the often complicated processes involved.
The core skills of our town planning staff at Martoo Consulting include: –
- a detailed understanding of how the planning and legislative systems operate; and
- the ability to identify and present necessary information and documentation in a clear and concise manner to the responsible determining authority.
Senior town planners within Martoo Consulting have many collective years of experience of working within local government and therefore understand many of the associated in-house workings within government. Likewise our key town planners at Martoo Consulting have many years in dealing with government as private consultants and consequently can offer a combined skill set which results in obtaining acceptable outcomes from town planning processes.
Our town planners combine their expertise in project management with their understanding of those processes involved so as to be able to effect various actions at appropriate times and intervals. Town planners at Martoo Consulting Town Planners specialise in the compilation of documents to address relevant impacts of a proposed development, including detailed responses to State Planning Policies, development codes, management plans and Environmental Impact Statements (EISs).
To achieve these outcomes, town planning staff can draw on our firm’s expertise in town planning, land surveying, urban design, and development management as well as the application of the following to town planning and development related considerations – economics, ecology, construction technology, agronomy, planning and environmental law, traffic management, sociology, landscape design, arboriculture, acoustics, civil engineering concepts, bushfire hazard planning and natural resources management.